Friday, October 12, 2012

California Dreamin'

I have this strange feeling that tomorrow I won't want to do this... So I'm doing it a day early! Saturdays SHOULD be my blog days since I have to post my baby update too, so we are going to aim for that every week.. See how well that works out...

So, California. I want to go back to the beach, like, right now! I had NEVER in my life experienced a beach like that. I'd seen the ocean in AK, and the "beach" which is more of a rocky beach, not really one you can take long, barefoot walks on during the sunset... And the waves! Oh the waves were fun! This was the honeymoon Colin and I never got. Not like it was super honeymoon-ish since I have a this baby bump, we've been married for over a year and a half.. Pretty sure we spent more time out of the hotel room than most newly-weds do haha! Pretty much every opportunity we got we were either doing some fun activity, at the beach, or sleeping due to pure exhaustion! Ok, I was sleeping, Colin would be browsing the internet! So the romantic things were mainly outside, like, long walks on the beach at sunset, fancy dinners, spending time out on the ocean on a boat, playing in the waves like two kids, going to the zoo and SeaWorld. Definitely exciting and fun and definitely something that Colin and I needed! We don't have much alone "us" time left since our Angus will be joining us shortly! This was our first real vacation together since being married. We have moved a lot, and seen a lot, but we have never just up and left for a few days together to go do fun stuff like that! Best part, Colin was paid while we were gone! SCORE! Paid vacations are the bomb!

First day we went to the San Diego Zoo. That place is massive.... I really enjoyed it, but I was miserable by the end. My feet hurt, my back hurt, I was grumpy due to some jerkface seeing that I was standing, watching the pandas and DELIBERATELY coming and standing in front of me to take a picture... that is playing with fire boys and girls... Don't piss off a tired, sore, hungry pregnant woman, EVER. But overall I really enjoyed it! Would I go again... eh not unless someone rented me an electric wheel chair. I'm sure Angus will want to go eventually, so I probably don't have any choice. I did however find my favorite bear of all time. The Sloth Bear. Oh. My. Gosh. Cutest thing ever! And he dances!

Next day we decided to go to SeaWorld. I enjoyed that MUCH more. It's so much more interactive and educational! Plus, there are plenty of air conditioned buildings and places to sit! I was SUPER excited about the penguins! I love penguins, a lot! If Colin would let me I would have a zoo, full of penguins! He keeps saying no, but I will never stop asking haha! We fed Sea Lions, saw "One Ocean" and "Blue Horizons", trained a sea star to "stay", and pet Bat Rays. I think that was my favorite part out of all of it! The shows were amazingly fantastic, but when we were petting the bat rays this one little guy came up to my hand and put his head right into it wanting me to pet him! It was an incredible feeling to bond with a creature like that. Colin had a bigger one come up and do the same thing. I could have stayed there all day!

My most favorite part of vacation though was going out into the ocean with my Colin and playing in the waves! We got out pretty far, into some fairly strong waves and when the stronger waves would hit we would stand together and hold on for dear life. It reminded me of what a good relationship should be, what we have. We have our disagreements and struggles but when push comes to shove, we will stand together when the waves hit trying to break our family apart. I am so very very blessed that I am married to this wonderful man. He treats me like what I am, a daughter of God. He loves me and respects me. And he works really hard to pay the bills and support me and to pay for amazing vacations! In the words of Queen:

You're the best friend that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine and I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
Oh you're my best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment