Monday, April 25, 2011

Housing Dilemma Pt. 2

Well, here is the update! I talked to one of the Bishops and he explained whySO the housing is the way it is right now...

Ready... ready?! Ok!

The Alaskan Legislature extended their session for another 30 days. Typically when the legislature is excused the legislators leave and rent out their places for the summer and thats we poor seasonal job people find housing. Well since they extended LOTS of people are stuck like I am!

**Poof**
I instantly didn't feel like such an idiot! It all made sense!

So after lots of prayer for a place to live, we MAY have something.

Here is how it happened....

My friend Nicole mentioned my dilemma to an old HS friend who lives in Juneau, Linsie. She added me as a friend on facebook and immediately started networking me out! She added me to a group of women that are from Juneau and posted on there what I was looking for. Not only is she helping me look for a place to live, but, she is telling me all about Juneau and how awesome it is. It has made the whole process so much easier for me. Especially since I actually KNOW someone there other than my husband and a few of the other pilots... who might I add are all men. Having a woman to talk to is going to be crucial haha. ANYWAYS got on a tangent there.......
Back to the point! Yesterday she writes me on facebook and asks "So, Miss Hannah, who's never even seen the ocean...are you interested in perhaps living ON the ocean?" my thought... Ummmm DUH! Of course I am! Dream come true if you ask me! Here is the catch... They need to buy it first and because of that it may not happen... If it did, that would be awesome, if not, well at least we have somewhere to stay for the next few weeks until legisature is out, which will also give us time to maybe find other couples to rent with and get a house.

Whatever happens, I WILL be in Juneau in 3 days and I WILL get to see my husband this week! Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment