Friday, April 22, 2011

Housing Dilemma.... Fun Fun......?

So, here is the deal. Juneau is the most difficult place ever to find housing.. seriously! No Joke! If it wasn't for the people I had doing ground work in Juneau... I would be in HUGE trouble. I still may be in trouble. I have 6 days.. count them, SIX, to find housing for me and Colin. To add on to the problem everything there is SO expensive. $1100 a month for a ONE bedroom apartment.... really? Maybe I'm so shocked by it since I worked for a property management company here in Prescott and I know the area prices well.... Oh well. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and accept the inevitable.... On top of all that we are hoping to find a furnished apartment. Can't take the bed with me on the airplane! At least Colin gets a food allowance! That will make it easier for us to pay rent and eat well. And Costco food court food is the exact same price as it is everywhere else, well, so I hear. $1.50 for a hot dog and a drink? Yes please!! Well as unlikely as it is, if anyone hears anything about housing in AK, PLEASE let me know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment