Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dissapointment Strikes Again!!

So, we thought we would be living the life. You know, housboat in Alaska, paying minimal rent, going out on our deck and catching dinner. But I should have known that with my luck it wouldn't really be THAT easy.

Our Housing problem:
 Pretty much the boat my friend was going to buy got sold the night before and he never called to tell her that so we got all excited and BAM it was no more.

Other Problems:
On TOP of all that, Colin won't be in Juneau when I get there tomorrow :( Sigh.... I was kinda hoping Heavenly Father would let me catch a break on this one, you know, since I'm moving 2017 MILES away from home for the FIRST TIME EVER... Apparently I'm not allowed to catch a break though. Oh well., somehow it will all work out. It definitely won't be comfortable for me though. We also realized we need to buy a car. Colin has to be at work at like 7 and won't be off till after 5 and the bus system runs from 8-5. Of course! I'm sure you all guessed that would happen.

As you can see, I may have the Worst. Luck. Ever. Seriously I could write a book with that title and people would read it because they would be so amazed at the things that happen. Pretty sure that a lot of the stuff has like a 1 in a million chance of happening to people (maybe I'm exaggerating a little there, but it sure feels that way!). But it happens to me.

I'm sure it will all work out, because that is what Heavenly Father seems to be telling me.... but when you are moving 2017 MILES away it feels a lot better to have a set plan. Which obviously I don't. I'm praying for a miracle today. Somehow, Some way something will come up and I will have a plan. But somehow I doubt that will happen..... I guess I just have to walk into this mess... uh.. I mean.. adventure.... with faith in God and in His plan for me and my Colin.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there hun. I know how you feel when things seem to be better and then you get kicked back down... I am in that situation 100% too. Have a safe trip...Make sure to take pictures and if you don't have a camera GET ONE lol!

    ReplyDelete