Friday, December 9, 2011

Pinterest DIY skin care trial :)

So, as you all well know, I am ADDICTED to Pinterest! I love that site! So here shortly (after Colin starts getting good paychecks) I will be starting to try out some DIY stuff for our home and I will be starting a new blog for that specifically. Today I tried out some of the homemade skin care products and found two that I am very fond of, especially when used together that I thought I'd share :)

1. Baking soda scrub: This is only to be used ONCE a week since it's used to exfoliate your skin. While on it has kind of a tingling sensation but once you wipe it off your skin looks and feels way better. The best part is it has only 2 ingredients that you use everyday.

3 Tbs Baking Soda
1 Tbs Water (may need more, I like my masks to be a little bit more runny, yet still able to stay on my face)

Mix them together to form a paste (again whatever consistency you prefer) and apply to clean, make-up-less face in a circular motion. Let sit 5 min and then rinse off. I tried doing that with a wash cloth and it didn't work as well as I wanted. I suggest getting most of it off with a wash cloth for the exfoliation and then rinse the rest off your face off with warm water.

After you have done that create a honey and milk mask it is very soothing and will help relieve some of the burn while moisturizing and cleaning your pores.

Honey and Milk Mask:

1 1/2 Tbs Milk
1 Tbs Honey
Make-up brush

I will give the directions for the microwave and the stove-top, but I prefer stove-top since I can control the mixture better.

Stove-top: In a small pot, mix together milk and honey, whisk until warm and the two ingredients are combined. Take a make-up brush and apply the mask to your face. It will be a little drippy at first, but keep a paper towel near and wipe off the drips (most likely from your nose and chin haha) once the honey has cooled and becomes sticky take a warm washcloth and wipe it off and dry your face

Last step is to apply a oil-free moisturizer to your face and enjoy how soft and pretty it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment