Monday, December 5, 2011

Blessings

Well after 2 days of traveling we made it to our destination, Henderson! We got into our apartment for... get this... $425!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Impossible you say, well my friends, it is not! It's a little thing called perfect credit and a 13 month lease! Our place is so cute too! I have a HUGE bathtub and tile floors! I have my own kitchen and we have colors picked out for our rooms! As I was trying on one of my new potholders Colin said "now you aren't just playing house, you are living house!" and it is so true, and so much fun! We also got our very first Christmas tree, he is so cute! Only a little bit taller than me :) We put lights and Colin's ornaments on him. It feels like home now! At first it kind of felt like just a hotel, but once we started putting all of our stuff in here it became home. Especially when we got the couch! I can't wait to be able to do more with it!

My other favorite thing about this place are the options of food places! So many things to choose from, it will take so long to get through them all! We went to this neat little English cafe type thing, our waiter even had an english accent! There are also malls all around me, the best one is this outlet mall we found! It has so many stores in there with really great prices, if you come visit me, we will go there, promise!

Church was AMAZING. Our ward is so awesome and so welcoming! The Bishop even plays in a rock band. Yeah that's right! I signed us up for Choir on the first Sunday, much to Colin's dismay but he will get over it :P The choir director called us "golden choir members" since we asked her and she didn't have to beg us to come. Apparently the choir has been praying for more voices to be added to it, and then we showed up. Just goes to show you how amazing prayer is, it has no limits, it reached us in Alaska and in Washington. It worked out really well though because it turns out the Choir director is a... Voice Teacher!!! Another answer to prayers! I wanted one of those and that is what I want to do for a living! We talked and she is very excited to get started with me! We will do the normal voice lesson stuff, but she will also teach me how to teach it so it's like an added bonus! I am so excited to get started on that!


We have been so blessed in so many ways this year. It hasn't always been easy, but we have been richly rewarded for the tough times. I look forward to building our life together here in Henderson. I know that this is where I am meant to be right now, and I hope Heavenly Father has a lot of work for us to do here so we can stay for a long long time!

"Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end" This quote has proved time and time again, and these blessings are proof.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love that quote! And new apartments are so so fun!

    ReplyDelete