Sunday, September 25, 2011

Juneau and TEMSCO

So, yesterday was my last day at TEMSCO. I gotta say, loading my last helicopter was pretty sad (even it was a helicopter that was a pain in the butt...) I met people from all over the world and made some new life long friends. The job had it's hard moments, but what job doesn't? All in all I loved it! How many people can say 
"oh well I work with helicopters, you know, help load people in them, fuel them while the helicopter is RUNNING, and get to feel the wind in my hair when they land and take off"
(I am REALLY going to miss that).
But one day, hopefully, I can do all that again!
I met the best people from so many different places and had the best roommates that I could have asked for.

Enough about TEMSCO.. 

There's new snow on the mountains here, and there is NOTHING more beautiful than a clear sky with a sunset over the newly snow capped mountains... NOTHING. Ok maybe if you can see a glacier under those snow capped mountains :) I think what I will miss most about Juneau are the glaciers. Seriously, I went up to the glacier 4 times this year and every. single. time I was SO excited to go I was bouncing off the walls. I was more excited to go than the people who paid for it and were going for the first time.! That is REALLY excited in case you didn't know.... Hopefully today after church (YES I finally get to go back!!!!) we will go by the glacier. And I will be back, hopefully often to my beautiful Juneau and back on my Mendenhall Glacier (Yes I claim both of them!) As much as I love the desert and appreciate the beauty of it, I am going to miss all the green and the trees, and the snow, and glaciers, and fish, and water... Get it yet? :) I'm REALLY going to miss this place and the people that I am leaving behind.


Juneau won't just hold memories of work and beauty for me. It was such a growing experience personally for me, and for Colin and it helped us grow as a couple. When we got here we literally had each other to lean on and no one else but Heavenly Father. We had to depend on each other completely. We were also able to do some really neat things together, glacier exploring, helicopter rides (with him piloting of course), dog sledding, whale watching, 10 hour boat ride to Tracy arm (beautiful and SO worth it, if any of you ever come to Juneau, DO IT!). All in all it made the first 6 months of our marriage absolutely amazing. And even though we didn't always get to spend a lot of time together it made us appreciate the time we had and take advantage of every moment we had. But boy are we looking forward to sleeping on a real bed again...

I love Juneau, I love TEMSCO, and most of all, I love my Colin.

No comments:

Post a Comment