Friday, July 15, 2011

Lizard-Happiness

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. -Mingon McLaughlin

You make me understand how wonderful it is for little lizards when they find that one special rock that's perfect for sunning themselves on. You make me lizard-happy. -Randy Milholland

These two quotes summarize how I feel about being married. Every single day I fall in love with Colin more and more and he makes me as happy as a lizard sun bathing on the perfect rock. When things are tough he is always ready with a hug and a cuddle and of course plenty of forehead kisses. Every time he looks at me I can see how much he loves me. After we argue or disagree he always reminds me that he loves me. He loves it when I fall asleep in his arms. He is my best friend. I always try to have a hug and a kiss and dinner ready when he gets home from work and I never let him forget how much I love him and how much I appreciate him.

I realize that life won't always be this easy and that we will have our rough spots, but those won't ever make me stop loving him. My goal is to become that cute old married couple that has been together for 50+ years that still hold hands, kiss, and look at each other like they are just as in love as they were when they got married those 50+ years ago. I'm sure we will be and even at 50+ years he will still make me "lizard-happy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment